Sunday, June 21, 2009

Thing 1---registration for the beach


I am all registered for this second go around to learn new techniques that will help challenge the 21st century student. As librarians we must be on the cutting edge ready to teach not only our students, but also the teachers on the new ideas that can be used in the classroom.


I liked the viedo that showed how the students of today can take charge of their learning by using connectivism and build a network to use for learning. Kids of today are so used to computers that they learn best when they can use that computer. I loved the idea of searching for articles and blogs on the topics that they are researching. Then the student can create his own blog on what he has learned so he can get comments from others. I especially loved the idea that they can download lectures from college professors and get information from the best teachers in the world.


I liked the words to describe the student's teacher; words like modeler, learning conceirge, change agent, and my favorite,learning architect. I think the librarian can play a major role in this learning process by showing the student where to find all of the information he is needing. The teacher and the librarian are a team that can plan and then execute the learning problem that will be presented.

2 comments:

student-4-ever said...

Students do prefer using the computer to accomplish tasks. I'm just not sure how I can get that to work efficiently for me. Even though students can create folders and put them on the school server, I can't grade them very well from home.

There were a lot of problems with e-mailing last year.

I think the 2.0 tools can be helpful. My task now is to figure out which tool fits which assignment best.

I'm glad you're learning so much and can help us! Thank you!

Mr.C said...

I will be visiting you often for ideas to use in my classes :-)