Tuesday, August 4, 2009

THING 11.5 Evaluation



Time to pack up from my beach trip and go back to work. It was fun to work on the 11.5 web lessons this summer. I enjoyed being able to work from home or on my trips using the computer.


1. What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?

I liked several of the sites and will share them with my school. I liked wordle and wordshift because they are great ways to share new vocabulary. Glogster is a great way to have kids do on-line posters which they will love. Animoto allows kids to make videos from pictures. Skype I already knew about and have used. My family uses it to talk to our kids that live in Kentucky. I think teachers will love to use sites like Hulu, PBS video, and National Archives Video Collections.


2. How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?

I think that there are so many things to learn and so little time to explore everything new that comes out. I was amazed at the number of things out there that is avilable to all of us. I was so glad that I was able to do the 11.5 things because someone else did the searching for me on the new technologies out there. I think that being able to learn in this manner is great.


3. were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?

I thought second life was interesting but I don't think that I would really ever use it. I know the kids will love it, but it really didn't grab me. I have known about facebook for a long time but I had never joined. I was surprised how quickly people asked me to be their friend. some of the people I had not heard from in a long time. Now I am hooked. Several fo my teachers have expressed interest in doing a facebook project next year.


4. What could we do differently to improve upon this program's format or concept.

I likethe format and I can't think of any thing that could be done any different. I especially like being able to work from home to get the necessary inservice hours I need. Also this course is so revelant to what I need to be able to progress in my job. As always, it took way more than 11.5 hours to complete the course.

No comments: