Friday, March 7, 2008

THING 19 Web 2.0 Awards List

I really like going through all of these awards but again you can get lost in them and time passes without you even being aware. I went through alot of them but I found a few that I really liked.

Biblio.com is a great site that lets you look for books that are out of print and then gives you a source to buy from. I have a couple of history teachers that are always asking me for books that are out of print but they still think that the books are essential for research for their course. they will be thrilled that I found this site.

Furl is a social networking site that allows you to share and explore people's favorite sites that they have bookmarked. You can search through the the site. I search books and found over 51,000 sites. I think I should have narrowed the search.

Writeboard is similar to Google docs. It is a sharing site that is web based. It lets you save every edit, go back to any piece, and compare changes. This site has tools that let you edit, export as plain text or an e-mail. You can invite as many people as you want to collaborate on a writeboard.

Wet Paint is a free wiki website. It is easy to add content ans has an easy edit tool bar. It works like a word processor. You can even add photos, and you tube videos. I liked the idea of a school PTO using this site to keep people up to date on what is happening at the school. It could share fund raising plans and events. It could post meetings, create volunteer sign up, post photos, and have attachments for all forms such as membership. Also school clubs could use this same idea.

No comments: