Tuesday, March 18, 2008

THING 22 Ning a ling


Ok--just plain nings. I learned that they are a social networking tool. I really was aware of these things, I just didn't know that nings was the name. I have 2 boys and a daughter-in-law so I have seen their my space and facebook pages a lot. I found that it really is a good way to talk to my one son who can spend hours showing me "things" on his page and on others. I have learned a lot just from watching him. Both of those sites are very interesting because you can find out alot of information.


I did search High School Teacher Librarians and zeroed in on the group section. I found one for librarians that are in the IB program. This group could be very helpful to me as IB schools are rare. There are only 4 in Houston. I also loked at the Texas School Librarians. I was surprised to see Vaughn Branom and Dr. Bishop as members. I did join. I saw something interesting on book trailers and could see a use for those but alas----it is youtube which is blocked!!!

1 comment:

LKP said...

Yes, Nings are really fun! I joined it last summer and I had a GREAT time discussing the last Harry Potter book! What a great way to interact with folks from all over.