Friday, March 14, 2008

THING 20 Explore You Tube and Teacher Tube

I did not know that you tube was create by 3 former pay pal employees. Google bought it for 1.65 billion--yes B is for billion. This site is so popular that more than 100 million videos are watched every day. I was aware of you tube and I have watched a few of them but I had never surfed around on the site. I searched libraries and looked at a couple but it was overwhelming so I went to teacher tube. I saw a great video on 21 century computing. I also saw " A New Way to Publish- the Rise of Web 2.0: It pointed out that learning was moving beyond the classroom. Children can learn from places all over the world. I looked up world history and saw lots of great stuff I can share with my teachers. Then I started looking up other areas ans was so surprised by the sheer number of videos out there. My teachers will love it.

No comments: