Wednesday, July 22, 2009

THING 6 I phone and I touch


I have used my friend's I phone to play with some of the apps. It was fun to use and I would like to have the same phone from Verizon when I am able to update my phone in November. I thin teachers would rather the kids have I touches than allow I phones because of the trouble they might have with students wanting to text their friends all of the time while in class. Someone called the I touch mobile learning which is how the world is moving today. We cannot be without our mobile devices. Still the kids will be able to benefit from using an I touch. I know that the library will be getting several for use next year and I will be interested in seeing how well they do. I know that there will be many uses for them such as the calculator, using google, brainteasers, on line lessons, a calendar, gps, taking notes, and being able to work together from anywhere.

1 comment:

Mr.C said...

IM+ app will work on the Itouch/Iphone/Ipad. It's an instant messaging app that works with many IM clients like Yahoo/Facebook/Skype.

I think the district firewalls block IM programs effectively though.

Our students are savvy enough to go around firewalls too.