Friday, July 31, 2009

THING 9 Slideshare


Slideshare allows you to share powerpoint files online. I like it because you can also view other powerpoints. I think it would be great idea for librarians from all over to be able to share the different presentations that they make. This would be a great way to either use the presentation or adapt it for your own use.


Students could also upload their presentaions and that way they could work together from anywhere. Plus students could get ideas for their own presentations from other students.


I got some great advice from one of the sites we had to view to help me with my own presentations, so I will share.


1. Use both words and graphics----65% graphics and 35% words.

2. Don't use pictures that dont relate to the topic.

3. Adding audio is effective.

4. Use an on screen host to engage the viewer.

No comments: