Friday, July 31, 2009

THING 10 Second Life


Second life is an online virtual world that is imagined and created by you. First you have to create an avitar that will be you in second world. I did create one but I just did some basic things to mine so that I could play. I learned how to walk around in steampunk victorian caledon. I learned how to fly and sit. I talked to 2 people. I really don't see myself doing this too much, but I think kids would love it. I can see how you could get lost in here for hours. I looked at some educational areas and liked the physics and astronomy place as well as the second china idea which I thought was great. I can see how people could experience things in another country without actually going there. I think teachers could use this to let their students experience many different things. My son said that he would go in with me so that I could experience doing something with him.

No comments: