Sunday, February 24, 2008

THING 14 TECHNORATI


According to Wikipedia Technorati indexes over 112 million weblogs. The name points to the technological version of literati or intellectuals. I listened to the people of technorati talk about their site. They like to think that they track conversations. They are interested in what a regular person has to say for example rather than a critic. they feel that this site lets people connect with one another. One of the men thought it was about the human experience. I enjoyed looking at the video of all of these people talking about their site.


I searched for school library learning 2.0 and found 1652 results. I looked at a few but to see all of them would be daunting. I also found lots of posts on the library 2.0 "things" that we are doing here in Spring Branch. In fact I found a couple of our people in the blog section. I also looked at the top 100 blogs, top searches, top 100 blogs by authority, and top videos. again, I got lost in this site with several hours flying by. Oh well, back to the real world.

No comments: