Monday, February 18, 2008

Thing 8

RSS feeds. I never really knew what these were. I had heard of them but had never explored. Now I realize what that symbol was. My school PTA president sends her newsletter as an RSS feed. Then I realized that MSNBC and CNN etc. were all RSS.
1. What do you like about RSS and newsreaders.-----It is so cool. I like that you can get up to date information.
2. How do you think you might be able to use this technology? I opened a google reader account and started 2 folders, one for news and one for blogs. Now I don't have to search every day for all of this info. I get a notice when something new comes up.
3. How can libraries use RSS or take advantage of this new technology? You could make your website or blog an RSS feed. The teachers at a school can have their students up to date on their websites.
Really cool stuff.

1 comment:

VWB said...

it IS cool to find an "easy" way to keep up with info...I love my reader!