Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Thing 7


GOOGLE is taking over----it is everywhere. I had fun looking at all of the google things that were listed, but I know there are even more than those on the google site. I played with all of them. I really liked the google notebook because I could see how it could be used with kids working in groups especially. They could all search and then share the notebooks. What a great way to get you research in order. We have used google scholar here for several years. since we are an IB school, our kids do pretty heavy duty research for all of their classes plus the big extended essay that everyone must write. It is a 4000 word essay and has to have extensive research. Who doesn't love google earth. I see kids playing on it all of the time. I have seen teachers use it in geography lessons and I am sure it could be used in lots of other areas as well.

No comments: